The Daughter Chronicles

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back to school!

Two weeks after her hip surgery, Mia went back to school. She has been pretty fine with her pain over the last few days, and she was getting really bored at home, so I really wanted her to get back to school. So on Monday, 9 February, I took her in. The ride was fine - she was sitting up a bit, and I was worried about that, but she was cool with it - and I got her into the class with no problems. She was happy to see everyone and I told them that I would call later to check on her to make sure everything was fine. I thought I might have to pick her up early because she might get worn out, but otherwise, she was fine.

And then came the vomit.

About 11 in the morning, the school nurse called. She had vomited three (!) times in a brief period. Oh dear. I drove out and got her (poor Norah missed Little Gym) and got her. By the time I got there she was happy again, but I still wanted to take her home. I took her home, let her watch some television, and then put her down for a nap. She was fine the rest of the day, spent some time with her OT, barely ate any dinner, and went to bed. This morning she was fine again, so I took her back to school. It's early in the morning, and I'm hoping that I don't hear from the school today.

She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I need to figure out why she's not eating. This morning, she didn't even want any milk (with Instant Breakfast added), which is worrisome. I don't mind if she doesn't eat a lot, but if she stops drinking, we have problems. It's quite annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home