The Daughter Chronicles

Friday, September 09, 2005

Assorted pictures

I know it's been almost a week since I ranted about my daughters, but it's been a busy week, since someone has decided sleeping is stinky (Norah) and there's not much she can do if she's awake except sit in my arms and drink and occasionally smile and laugh (I'm convinced she's laughing because she is thinking: "Ha-ha, sucker! Try to get me to sleep, will you?"). But I got our film developed, so there are pictures of Mia's first day of school and her birthday party. Enjoy!

This is the first day of school (15 August) and she's in the van, ready to go!

 Posted by Picasa
Here's a picture of her at the school. She looks a little dazed. I don't know why - she was perfectly happy to leave me. She has a love-hate relationship with the camera - she loves to get her picture taken, but hates to smile. She usually smiles right after the flash goes off, because the camera makes a funny noise.

 Posted by Picasa
Every month on the girls' "birthday," (the 30th of the month for Mia, the 22nd of the month for Norah) we take a picture of them sitting in the same chair. It's kind of neat to see the changes. This is Norah's two-month picture. She hasn't quite mastered holding her head up yet.

 Posted by Picasa
This is Mia's birthday party on 27 August. That's Julie, one of my ex-bosses, holding Mia, who is strangely fascinated by the water, and that's Yazil and her daughter Alondra.

 Posted by Picasa
Mia opens presents. Of course, the packaging is always much more interesting than the actual present.

 Posted by Picasa
I included this picture for two reasons. One, we have been horribly lax about photographing Norah - parents know the drill - with the first one, you can't take enough, and with the second one, it's like "Yeah, yeah, we've seen it all before" - a horrible attitude to have, but unfortunately all too true; and two, we put her in the gymini (which she is starting to dig) to let her relax, thinking Smokey would get up and leave. He simply ignored her. He's mellow like that.

 Posted by Picasa
Finally, this is Mia's three-year-old picture. I like it because she's actually smiling. She also looks rather sassy! Who knows what mischief lurks in that mind???

 Posted by Picasa

I will probably have time this weekend for something more meaty. I have to go on about Norah's achievements!

1 Comments:

  • I like that idea, N. In fact, my some of my family may have come from Zbagr, Poland. I'll have to check.

    By Blogger Greg, at 12/9/05 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home