The Daughter Chronicles

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The undiscovered country

 
No, not death. Parenting a child!

You may say we're already parents. However, a few days ago Norah passed 7 months and 19 days, Mia's age when she got in her accident. So since then, we haven't had to deal with a "normal" child. Mia is certainly a lot of work, but interestingly enough, for a few years she was actually less work than I believe a "normal" child would be, because she wasn't mobile. We didn't have to keep an eye on her at all times. We do now, because she's crawling quite a lot, but we didn't for a long time. Of course, I would have done pretty much anything for us to have that problem, but that, as they say, is water under the bridge.

So Norah has passed that day (it was on Friday or maybe Saturday). From here on out, we're pretty much virgin parents, and it will be very neat to see where she goes. She's this close to crawling, and she seems like she is saying things with more purpose (it's still gibberish, but she has more thought behind it), and she's rolling like crazy. And I keep my eye on her all the time.

I have mentioned a couple of times recently (and probably other places too) how depressed I get when I think about Mia. I'm not going to go into it even more, because who can stand the self-pity, except to mention that with Norah around, it's going to be even worse. I want Norah to fly through her development, but I'll always be thinking about Mia and how she's still struggling. But making progress. Slow and steady wins the race.

So Norah is into unfamiliar territory. Soon she will be climbing our bookcases and we'll be freaking out. Should be fun! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home