The Daughter Chronicles

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Chicken or the egg; plus artwork by Mia

I always feel bad when I neglect this blog - I love hanging out with my daughters and often think of things to post, but then I get caught up in whining about the Oscars or celebrating Kim Bauer's return to 24 at my other blog and I forget. Mia and Norah don't do a whole lot, after all, and I don't like bemoaning Mia's fate too often, lest I come off as whining. We're luckier than a lot of parents, I know. This leads to a chicken-or-the-egg situation: very few people read this blog. So I wonder: do I not post because nobody's reading, or is nobody reading because I don't post that often? Oh, it's a conundrum!

I don't really care if people aren't reading, by the way. This blog is basically for people who know us who don't live near us or don't call us on the phone all the time (like my mom) and want to know how Mia and now Norah are doing. Many of my friends have not even met our daughters because they live too far away and we don't travel with the kids (which would be laughable). I don't expect a lot of traffic, but I feel bad because the people who do come here probably don't come back very often. I seem to have a lot of friends who don't spend much time on the Internet or don't realize that I update here, and they only come here when I post pictures. That's perfectly fine, but with our handy-dandy digital camera, I can post pictures a lot more often, so all those people who want to see the kids should come here more than once a month.


I'll stop whining. Like I said, I'm very sorry I don't post more often. The kids are fine, and I'll have a real update tomorrow, with a bunch o' photographs. For now, I thought I'd post some artwork that Mia did in school. Sorry it's on its side - the paper was too big to scan horizontally. She's quite the artist, ain't she? You may scoff at her talents, but big-time artists can fetch up to 10 million dollars for something that looks not terribly unlike this.

Thanks for your support, everyone, and I promise to be better about updating. Unless, you know, nobody cares. In which case I'll still update, damn it!

6 Comments:

  • Greg,
    I am constantly checking out to see what is going on with Mia and Norah. I know that I have never met you but I am encourage by the courage that you and Krys have in raising a child that has some difficulties. Thank you for constantly updating. It is a joy to "hear" you talk about the girls.

    By Blogger Mrs Lefty, at 9/3/06 6:53 AM  

  • Thanks, Kelly. I know people still read, and that's why I feel bad. I will try to provide more content!

    By Blogger Greg, at 9/3/06 7:36 AM  

  • I am also constantly checking in on The Daughter Chronicles to see just how the little anarchic princesses are doing at driving Mommy and Daddy crazy (especially Daddy, seeing as how I must keep track of the senility of he who shall rule us all).

    Don't feel bad though, Greg. If you had more frequent updates and tons more pictures, it would be harder for me to sneak in a peek while here at work and I would lose my job and be destitute and would still have no internet service and it would be just a horrible chain of events too impossible to keep describing that it would ineveitably turn into some kind of obnoxious run-on sentence...

    Love to you all from your favorite (I hope) heathen,

    Uncle Monster

    By Blogger john sweet, at 9/3/06 11:44 AM  

  • Hi,
    I don't know you at all. I found your blog through a link on stuntmother's page, and check your pages occasionally. It feels rather seedy and voyeuristic reading about the personal life of a real person I've never met, but I find your posts really interesting! I'm inspired by the way you balance the needs of your two daughters.
    Hope you don't mind me reading, and replying to you, I just wanted to let you know.

    By Blogger Custancia, at 13/3/06 10:48 AM  

  • Thanks, Custancia. I appreciate it. That's what a blog is for, after all!

    By Blogger Greg, at 13/3/06 11:03 AM  

  • Would you quit whining. I check all the time, even if I never actually e-mail you, cause basically I'm a bad nanny. Oh well...I'll be home at the end of April..looking forward to seeing you all!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/3/06 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home