The Daughter Chronicles

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The other day I asked Norah to do something and I got a rather cheery "Yes, sir!"

I don't know where that came from. I asked her to take something back to her room, and she did it immediately, but I'm just not sure where she got the "sir" part from. I mean, I call most men I know "sir" if I don't call them by their names (I refuse to call people "dude"), but I don't say it around Norah, because she's not, you know, a dude. She must have heard it somewhere.

It's certainly better than the "whatever" she threw at Krys over the weekend. Boy, was that a mistake. We assumed she picked that up at school, because I don't think I've heard it on the television shows she watches. Krys was extremely unhappy with her over that. I'll take the "Yes, sir!" any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home