The Daughter Chronicles

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Mia turns seven; Dad struggles to catch up with pictures!

Mia turned seven on Sunday, 30 August. I'm a bit amazed that it's been seven years, but not as much as you might think. I mean, people get older, don't they? I'm not one of these people who sit there and think, "I can't believe she's not a baby anymore!" I watched her grow, didn't I? Kids are interesting because when you don't have them, you can't imagine what it's like. Well, I certainly didn't. That's why it's neat watching Mia and Norah grow up. Every day is something new and keen!

We had a party on her birthday, which doesn't often happen, as her birthday is usually closest to Labor Day and we have to have a party the week before in case people leave town. But this year we were able to have it on her birthday, which was neat. A few people said they were going to come but then didn't (what's up with that?), but a bunch of people came, including one of my friends who has three children younger than Mia (one by a month, but still) and another guest who has an 11-year-old and a 5-year-old, so there were enough kids there to keep it fun. Norah went in the pool with some of the other kids, Mia blew out her candles with some help from Norah (who, last year, was scared to death of candles, so that was progress), Mia refused to eat cake, and she got some nice presents. All was well! And here are the pictures to prove it!











And, just for fun, here are some pictures of Norah swimming, instead of just standing around in the pool:


Thanks to everyone who came to the party (that is, if any of you are reading). It's always fun to see people, mainly because we don't see them as often as we'd like (many of them live too far away). Mia had a great time, even if she didn't eat cake!

1 Comments:

  • Seriously, when other people say, "You won't believe how fast she'll grow up", I thought I was the only one who shrugged on the outside, but said on the inside, "Yes, I do; I see her nearly every day. You don't; feel free to be surprised."
    I think for me is that I'M getting older, grayer, so surely 5 years has passed.
    WV: guess. No, it was guess; I wasn't asking you to guess what it was.

    By Blogger Roger Owen Green, at 6/9/09 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home