The Daughter Chronicles

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Norah: Mistress of Memory!

Mia is home this week on Spring Break, which annoys me, because I never had Spring Break until I got to college. Kids today - so pampered! So I've been running around trying to figure out what to do with them. That's always fun.

Today, they ate a nice lunch, and then I wanted to put them down for naps. Mia, weirdly enough, has slept the past two days - I thought the days of her napping were long behind us, but I think school really wears her out, so she has been enjoying the rest. Norah, as usual, was reluctant to go down for a nap, even though she sleeps fine. She kept wanting to "play kitchen" with her Christmas present. I told her she'd feel much better if she took a nap, and I would read her books (she's particularly keen on The Monster at the End of This Book these days), and when she got up, she could play with her kitchen. She finally acquiesced, and she went down willingly.

Two hours later I went to wake her up. The first thing she said, before she even raised her head off the pillow, was "Play kitchen." She probably dreamed of playing kitchen! I chuckled, because she was single-minded in her desire to play kitchen! Of course, we went for a walk around the neighborhood, then Mommy came home, and she has yet to play kitchen since she woke up. But still - you have to admire her memory skills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home