The Daughter Chronicles

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Norah's Art Deco art style and other weird stuff

Norah drew something on her chalkboard last week. I liked it so much I took a picture of it:


It's not a person, although it resembles one. It's completely abstract, but it still has a weird, Art Deco kind of feel to it. I like it because it's abstract, but also because Norah told me she limited herself to two colors, which struck me as odd. She likes drawing a lot, and it's interesting to me that she's placing restrictions on herself and is seeing what she can do with that. Maybe all kids do this - what do I know? But it's still a cool chalk drawing.

Then, she decided to do this with her jump rope:


I didn't want to get into a whole b-word discussion with her (I'd type it, but who knows what kind of weird Google results that would get?), so I just asked her what she was doing. It turns out she wanted to jump around with her legs tied together. Why? She's a six-year-old, who knows? I told her that was fine, but when she tripped and fell flat on her face and broke her nose and/or her teeth, she should probably remember that I told her so. Norah is actually starting to accept that maybe Mom and Dad have some knowledge about life that she doens't, so she quickly took the rope off. Crisis averted!

Norah: Weird, but awesome. Isn't that always the way with kids?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home