The Daughter Chronicles

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Norah lives in fear!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned Norah's fear of fuzz, but she's scared of fuzz. She screams, "Piece fuzz! Piece fuzz!" and points it out to us. If we tell her it's fine and she should just pick it up and throw it out, she says, "Daddy/Mommy do it!" Recently, however, she's actually been able to pick it up and throw it away, although she shrieks throughout the process. But at least she's not afraid to touch the fuzz anymore. We've told her that she has to get over her fear, because with three new cats in the house, we have more "fuzz" lying around the house!

Her new fear, however, is even more unusual. Yesterday I turned on the television and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer was on. Norah took one look at the Silver Surfer and screamed, "Ugly man!" We told her he was just "funny," which usually makes her feel better, and Krys said he was just "shiny," which didn't placate her. I turned the television off and told her that the ugly man flew away. This seemed to make her feel a little better, as all through dinner she said, "He so shiny!" and "Ugly man fly away." We're not quite sure why she was so freaked out by the Silver Surfer. Poor Norrin Radd!

UGLY MAN - HE SO SHINY!

2 Comments:

  • At least she's not alone in her fear of fuzz.

    By Blogger layne, at 12/5/08 8:16 AM  

  • Thanks for reminding me of that, Layne. I remember reading that lo these many years ago, and it bugged me whenever Norah saw fuzz, because it seemed to stir in me some primal memory, but I couldn't place it. Now I know I was trying to remember that strip. Who doesn't love Peanuts?

    By Blogger Greg, at 12/5/08 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home