The Daughter Chronicles

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mia's out!

Today Mia was discharged from the clinic. She was there for two days over 6 weeks. We're going to spend the week at my parents' house - I wanted to stay a few days in case she regresses so badly I need some help, but I couldn't get a flight out on Sunday or Monday and had to wait until Wednesday the 22nd. But that's okay - she's not in summer school because it has already started, so it's not like she has anything to do in Arizona. The only reasons I'd like to be home are because we both miss Mommy and Norah and she has some more toys at home, but she'll be fine for the week.

We're very happy with the work she did at the clinic and how well the staff worked with her. I don't have any idea if her advances will carry over as well as we're hoping, but I do hope she continues to make some progress. Of course, tonight at dinner she didn't want to eat anything - naturally - but I can chalk that up to me allowing her to have some snacks earlier in the afternoon and the fact that we ate a bit later than she's been eating and I think she was very tired. But I keep thinking that she's going to go back to being a pill. Sigh. We shall see.

Anyway, it was her last day, and she had a nice party (with brownies and macaroni and cheese, her favorite meal these days), and the staff was very nice as they said goodbye. I took a few pictures:


She never got her OT's name right. She knew several kids' names, including ones I hardly ever saw, and her speech therapist's name, but not her OT's. How sad! (Considering how awesome she was, Mia should have learned her name. Of course, it's entirely possible Mia didn't learn it because her OT made her work so hard.)


If you wanted anything done around the clinic, you spoke to this lady. She too is awesome.


Here's a nice staff photograph. Mia always smiles nicely a split second before the camera takes the picture. Clearly I need a faster camera!

Once again, I'd like to thank the entire staff at Good Shepherd (if any of them happen to be reading). I don't know how well Mia will do going forward, but she's made a lot of progress since the beginning of May, and we all hope we can keep it going as we move forward.

7 Comments:

  • hope it works out for the long term

    By Blogger Roger Owen Green, at 16/6/11 1:15 AM  

  • A few questions about your 52 titles:
    4 (Bat Family) Why did you make Renee Montoya a Gotham police officer again? She was fine as the Question!

    15 (Detective Comics) What is your problem with Tony Daniel on this book?

    21 (Global Guardians) Besides Fire, who else is on this team?

    26 (Justice League) Which Wonder Girl is it - Cassie or Donna?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/6/11 11:39 PM  

  • Anonymous: You realize this isn't the comic book blog, right? I don't want to assume you're a troll, but if you want to ask about comics, ask on the comic book blog. Thank you.

    By Blogger Greg, at 17/6/11 8:38 AM  

  • Yes, but I can't seem to leave comments on the blog for some reason.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/6/11 1:30 AM  

  • Well, that's odd. Anyway, to answer your questions:

    I thought Renee was fine as a police officer. DC's desire to make every single one of their "normal" people into costumed heroes bugs me, so I'd change her back. I don't have a lot against her as the Question, but I thought the way they made her the Question was silly.

    I've never liked Tony Daniel's art, and the very little of his writing I've seen isn't very good either.

    I don't know who would be on the Global Guardians. I linked to the Wikipedia page because they've had so many members over the years, and I'd trust Ostrander to pick good ones to us.

    I'd say Cassie as Wonder Girl, just because she's the current one and from what little I've read about both of them, she's more interesting than Donna.

    I've gotten some weird e-mails in the past from trolls, which is why I wondered about you. If you're here in good faith, I'm perfectly happy to answer your questions!

    By Blogger Greg, at 18/6/11 8:35 AM  

  • 'I thought Renee was fine as a police officer. DC's desire to make every single one of their "normal" people into costumed heroes bugs me, so I'd change her back.'
    Which police officers in Gotham besides Renee did DC turn into costumed heroes / heroines?

    'I've never liked Tony Daniel's art, and the very little of his writing I've seen isn't very good either.'
    But you didn't list any examples other than the Riddler 2 parter that made me think he's a poor writer / artist over at the CSBG blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/6/11 10:27 PM  

  • Anonymous: It's not that they turn police officers into superheroes, it's that they turn Carol Ferris into one, for instance. Cassie Sandsmark herself is one (unless I'm mistaken, which I could be, as I'm thinking off the top of my head). I know there are others, but I'm not doing any research for it!

    Tony Daniel helped plot The Tenth, and it was pretty terrible. I don't know how much scripting he did on it, but I know he did some. But when his art is so ugly, I don't give him much chance to impress me with his writing, and he hasn't.

    By Blogger Greg, at 19/6/11 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home