The Daughter Chronicles

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Norah lost a tooth!

Yes, she's five years and ten months, and she lost her first tooth. I have no idea if that's "normal" or not; several kids in her class have already lost more than one tooth, but a lot of kids in her class are older than she is. Mia lost a few teeth at four, I think (it's tough to recall every tiny detail), but it's been years since she lost one and only has maybe four or five adult teeth in her mouth. Norah's cousin is eleven months older than she is and she just lost her first tooth. It's a crapshoot!

Norah was very excited about it. The tooth was loose for a while and we kept telling her to leave it alone, which of course she could not do (kids aren't the only ones with this problem, as you well know). She lost it at school, and I wonder if some of her friends didn't tell her to pull it out, because I know some of them did that. Either way, the sucker would have come out soon enough. She has another loose tooth (yes, they're the two lower front teeth - incisors? - that stereotypical kids always have missing in classic, Rockwellian photographs) and she's keen on losing that, too. I'm glad it hasn't come out yet, because I'm not a big fan of giving kids money or prizes from the "tooth fairy" when they lose teeth. As Krys is away this week (long story), I didn't want to have to deal with it. She's flying back today, so she can decide what to give Norah! I'm not even going to tell you what she gave Norah for the first tooth, because it makes me angry,

So here are some pictures of Norah without the tooth. Yes, I'm a cliché. No, I don't care. You can't see it in the first picture; I just thought it was cute.







So that's the first tooth. I wonder how long it will take for them all to come out?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home