The Daughter Chronicles

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The saddest, most horriblest, most apocalyptic, tragic day in recorded history!!!! (Okay, maybe not, but close enough!)

So, on Sunday, 26 February 2012, at the age of 6 years, 8 months, and 4 days, Norah Burgas got her ears pierced. And her father gnashed his teeth in dismay. Woe is me!

I didn't want Norah to get her ears pierced until she was 13, but I was overruled. Krys was going to forbid it until she turned 7, but she caved because Norah is, after all, rather mature for her age. Krys did say that if they went and Norah did anything but enthusiastically get them done, she wouldn't do it. After the issues at the swim meet on Saturday (see below), I was all for making her wait, but apparently she went through the process like a trooper (Krys said it's a lot easier now then it was 35 years ago, when she got it done), and now her ears are pierced. Sigh.




I don't really have any reason for wanting her to wait, except that I think of earrings as an adolescent/adult thing to do, and I want her to enjoy being a kid while she's a kid. I know that getting earrings isn't going to make her a teenager overnight, but it's the first step!!!! I know she's going to be a teenager and then an adult soon enough, so why shouldn't she have fun while she's a kid? But I guess I'm the crazy one!

She has to have them in for 2 months and at least some earrings in for 6. We'll see how much she enjoys having them when she can't take them out until August!!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home