The Daughter Chronicles

Friday, June 10, 2005

Mia! What is best in life?

Well, according to Mia, it is NOT "To krosh your enemies," like it is for Conan, but it is "To krosh your crackers!"

She's eating okay, but not great. Yesterday we increased her medication to 3 ml of Depakene three times a day, because her doctor said we should. Okay. I asked the nurse if she really needed to take her meds with food, and she said she only needed to eat a tiny little bit and she wouldn't puke. Cool. Now I can starve her if she won't eat, because I'm not caving and giving her sweet stuff that she likes. She does like crackers and such, so I've been giving her cheddar crackers with peanut butter on them. She eats the part with the peanut butter and then she very deliberately pushes them down on the tray until they crumble. She is very intense when she does this, and it gives her great pleasure. It's weird.

I don't know if this is a brain damage thing, or if all kids enjoy pushing crumbly things very hard down on hard surfaces. I would imagine all kids do it, but it's a bit weird.

1 Comments:

  • All kids enjoy the crushing. We should be so lucky that such a simple act gives so much joy. Perhaps I'll try crushing crackers at lunch...

    By Blogger Roxy, at 11/6/05 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home