The Daughter Chronicles

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mia says puzzling, intelligent things on consecutive days

Every morning I go in and get Mia out of bed. I say good morning, and she says good morning. She often asks "Howyoufine!" because she doesn't wait for me to answer how I am. Then I explain to her that she needs to wait for me to answer, and then I ask her how she is. I ask her if she slept okay. On Monday, we went through the routine, and then, the first thing she said after this was, "I want boobies."

I wasn't exactly sure what she meant. She and Norah often sit on Krys's lap and poke her breasts, saying "boobies" all the while. So I wasn't sure if Mia wanted to poke Mommy's boobies, or if she wanted boobies of her very own. I told her she'd have to wait for a good seven years or so (I hope!) before she has to worry about that. It was a very odd thing for her to say, because it was completely out of the blue. What did she mean????? The mind reels.

The next day I asked her if she was ready for school. When she said yes, I asked her what she did in school. She said, "Counting!" I was very proud of her for knowing what she does. Well, one of the things, at least. It was much cooler, although not as strange, as what she said on Monday.

It's very nice to hear that she's speaking a lot more with a wider range of topics. I suppose we should look forward to more bizarre pronouncements. That's okay - we'll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home