The Daughter Chronicles

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The funniest words in the history of language!

Norah, as any four-year-old does, finds some very odd things incredibly humorous. Recently, the words that crack her up more than anything are "underpants" and "peanut butter." I guess I can see why "underpants" would do it, although it's not quite as funny as she thinks it is, but why "peanut" and "butter"? I don't know. It's the mind of a four-year-old ... we don't try to apply logic to it.

This has persisted quite a while, too. I'm not sure when she's going to find something funnier, but I'm perfectly happy with those. At least they're not really terrible words.

It's been two weeks since I posted, and I apologize. I've been in a funk, mostly because I'm vexed by Mia's surgery news. It's now set for 14 April, which seems an awfully long time to wait. I asked the nurse if she could run that date by the doctor to make sure it was all right, and I haven't heard back from her. So I'm grumpy. But at least we can all laugh at "underpants," right?

2 Comments:

  • Lydia laughed at "underwear" for a time. Ever read Captain Underpants? Funny stuff.

    By Blogger Roger Owen Green, at 9/2/10 9:24 AM  

  • I should read Captain Underpants to Norah. Actually, I probably shouldn't, as she might die laughing. That wouldn't be good.

    It's good to know that she's not the only one to find that humorous!

    By Blogger Greg, at 9/2/10 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home