The Daughter Chronicles

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I got nothing

It's 110 degrees here these days, and the kids are just too overheated to do much, so I got nothing to post about. Well, that's not necessarily true - I'll get to what's going on, I promise, but it's the middle of July in the desert, and it just saps the energy right out of you, even in the air conditioning. So for now, I'll just point out that if you have HBO, I highly recommend you catch the new documentary Coma. It follows four patients with traumatic brain injuries who have just come out of their coma and are learning to adjust to their new lives. In parts it's uncomfortable, and in parts it's pretty depressing, and in parts it's very inspiring - kind of like our lives with Mia! It will probably run for a while (it premiered last week), so if you get the chance, check it out. The patients are all adults, and Mia wasn't in a coma (well, she was in an induced one, but that's a bit different), so it's not exactly like what we go through, but it's close.

I'll be back soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home