The Daughter Chronicles

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Update on Mia's surgery date!

Chalk this up to the squeaky wheel getting the grease: Mia's surgery date has been moved up. Good times!

I mentioned that her date was 14 April and I asked the nurse if it was possible we could move it up. I didn't hear from her for a few days, so I e-mailed the doctor. He's fairly good about getting back to me, so I figured I'd give that a try. He e-mailed back that they'd try to move the date up, and then his nurse called me back. She said they'd had a cancellation on 22 February and they could move Mia in there. I said that would be super. We'd like to get this over with as soon as possible, so moving it up two months was better than I'd hoped.

His nurse also told me she had spoken to the doctor before I e-mailed him and that he said waiting until April was fine. I would have been perfectly fine with that, but I'm a bit confused why she didn't call me back. I didn't feel bad about going over her head because I was worried about it and I thought if Mia got into surgery sooner, everything would be better in the long run. But I wouldn't have gone over her head if she had called me back. She's usually pretty good about getting back to me, so this was puzzling. But hey! it got the job done!

So Mia will be going under the knife in a week. This should speed the process up a bit. We can get her done and get her hips back in alignment and get her back into therapy. I just didn't want to wait for two months for this situation to get resolved. And now we don't have to!

1 Comments:

  • Good luck to Mia today, thinking about her and hope everything goes well! - Kelli

    By Anonymous Kelli Solly, at 22/2/10 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home