The Daughter Chronicles

Friday, March 05, 2010

More of Norah's smart-assery

As Norah gets older, I expect her to be more and more of a smart-ass. As long as it's not excessive or snotty to the point where she doesn't do what I ask of her, I don't have too much of a problem with it. It's a fine line! This week, for instance, she came up to me and said, "Daddy, I just looked in the refrigerator." I asked what about that, and she said, "There's no milk in it." She meant there was no cup with her milk in it, so she couldn't drink any. I just looked at her and started laughing. Then I told her that perhaps she should ask for milk if she wanted some, and she did. So I didn't care that it was a bit smart-ass.

A few days later, while Mia's PT was here, Norah came over with one of her dolls and asked me to put its hair in ponytails. I told her that she needed to start learning how to do it herself. She said, "I can't do that, I'm only four." Mia's PT chuckled. That wasn't really smart-ass, but it was hilarious. I told her that it doesn't matter that she's four - she should give it a try!

She cracks me up. I know anyone who has kids knows how hilarious young children can be, and Norah cracks me up. Even when she's being a smart-ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home