The Daughter Chronicles

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

3:46 ante meridian

That is when Mia woke up this morning. And not I-woke-up-but-I-really-want-to-go-back-to-sleep-and-I-will-soon waking up, but Hi-everybody-I'm-ready-to-face-the-day-and-why-is-it-so-dark-out? waking up. Of course, I also could not get back to sleep. This is all part of the grand scheme of children. They don't want to kill us the manly way, with pistols at dawn. No. They will drive us to an early grave in other, more insidious ways. And then they will laugh over our shallow graves.

1 Comments:

  • She called you out!

    Ha!

    But, really, I think a funny picture would be Mia and Nora cackling madly at the sight of their poor, abused, overtired Dad....

    By Blogger Roxy, at 2/12/05 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home